Self reflection, my personal thoughts on the school of communictions.

Self reflection

blog post Nov 27

Brandon Bearden 

As I approach my final semester at the Jack J. Valenti school of communications, I thought I would dedicate this blog post here at the final stretch of this class to my own personal thoughts on the school, its professors, the facility and overall school as a whole. 

I personally growing up never saw college as something I would actually attend. I detested schooling. I daydreamed through my classes in junior high and high school. Though I wasn't a bad student grades or otherwise, it just wasn't something I enjoyed. So when I did enter college, first as the lone star college community system. I was pleasantly surprised by just how much more engaging and laid back / fun it could be compared to high school. 

That same engaging atmosphere transferred over to the Valenti school of communications. Communications is inherently to me, a much more engaging and fun skill and set of classes to learn, i enjoy talking and much of the classes are set to where large portions of the class are incorporating dialogue from both the students and professors. Even lectures that are PowerPoint based the professors often incorporate dialogue from the class that makes them interesting and interactive. 

The individual professors that I've had the pleasure of learning from have all been incredible. They all have unique styles of teaching that are fresh and keep the material they teach interesting. Most also seem to actually care about student success and make able accommodations when and where appropriate. They are also very knowledgeable about the subjects they teach which makes it great to learn from them. 

The facilities as a whole are also nice. A fairly modern computer lab is equipped for anything that you can anticipate to need at any point throughout your school classes. The main building is neatly positioned and organized which makes walking to and from classes a breeze. 

Overall I have greatly enjoyed my time at the Valenti school. It has helped re-shape the negative view I previously held about schooling through engaging material delivered by passionate professors in a open and upbeat environment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN FACTS, THE SCHOOL ITSELF, HISTORY

Internships and career opportunities, what the Valenti school of communication can offer you!

Students views as the semesters end looms